Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Horizon Report

I read Horizon report over the weekend and did not understand it. We had a discussion in class Monday about the report and it started making sense to me. It kind of scared me. I feels every thing is going to be on computers. I love people. I think some of this new stuff is going to make life very complex.
Can we go back in old times when people sate around fire at night and told stories. If we are doing all this work to make our life better. Is this going to make our life better?

2 comments:

  1. Samira,
    I understand your thoughts about losing face-to-face communication. At the same time, I think it is possible to have the best of both worlds. It is about balance. It also depends on what kind of person you are. If you love people, maybe you'd be less likely to use certain tools often. However, you will probably have to communicate with people, in your career and in life, who are technology centered. This being the case, it is important to obtain skills pertaining to technology, as an educator and as a member of today's society.
    No one will ever take sitting around a campfire and telling stories from you. That can't be replaced. Heck... I'll join you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is about balance. I was very hesitant at first to this whole idea, but I think we have to deal with the fact that's the way education is going. We don't have to make it an everyday theme in our classes, but technology should be there because it's what our students know and feel comfortable with. I love face to face interactions as you well know, and I don't think that will ever be taken away from how we teach.

    ReplyDelete